Sensations of ‘energy' moving or imprisoned in specific regions of the body, most commonly the chakra points. This process may become ‘visible' to the experiencer in some way. The energy is too strong or uncomfortable to tolerate, and it is frequently accompanied by shaking, jerking, or spasms.
Before You Continue...
Do you know what is your soul number? Take this quick quiz to find out! Get a personalized numerology report, and discover how you can unlock your fullest spiritual potential. Start the quiz now!
What does a kundalini Rising feel like?
Kundalini is the energy that gives you life. It is thought that unawakened people's energy remains coiled at the base of their spine. The energy spirals upward for people who have an awakening event and become conscious, activating each chakra and transforming the human into an enlightened guru.
Many people believe that Kundalini awakening is a path to complete nirvana, which is accurate to some extent. A Kundalini awakening is frequently discussed in spiritual circles because, before experiencing happiness, the energy must first cleanse and purify, and the resulting shifts can be unsettling at best and painful at worst.
A kundalini awakening might be one of life's most horrific and perplexing experiences. What you can't see at first is that you're actually going through a thorough purification process that will leave you stronger and more level-headed than you've ever been.
1. You begin an emotional reckoning process. You find your mind spinning over memories of old experiences that you either miss and regret not having, or that you mourn and regret having to go through in the first place.
2. You're releasing years of stored energy that have kept you from being present. This implies you'll spend a lot of time reflecting on the past, both what happened and what you wish had gone differently. This is the time to accept it and let go of it.
3. You may have bodily symptoms such as waking up at odd hours of the night, sweating, sobbing, or even a physical rush of energy up your spine.
4. You suddenly feel compelled to make significant changes in your life. This might involve anything from your food to your profession to the individuals with whom you spend your time. You are more than aware of what isn't functioning.
5. You become aware of how your mind has been the primary power keeping you from being present and happy. You begin to see how your ego has kept you stuck in a never-ending cycle of trying to please others “Prepare for the worst,” when it was actually a ruse to distract you from the present moment, where your energy is most powerful.
6. In your life, incredible synchronicities begin to arise. Things have a strange way of turning out and leaving you thinking, “hm, that was perfect.”
7. Your sympathetic abilities are stronger than they've ever been. It's as if you can think and feel exactly what another person is going through at the exact moment they are going through it. This may seem intimidating at first, but it's a sign that your third eye is opening and you're becoming more aware of your true essence, which is connectivity.
8. You have a great desire to spend as much time as possible outside, in nature.
9. You have a strong desire to declutter your life in as many ways as possible: broken relationships, messes in your home, outdated habits that hold you back… everything has to go.
10. You begin to seriously question many of the current systems and structures. You start to look at things like religion, politics, and tradition in new ways, recognizing the core need they serve in human people.
11. You've had an encounter “sporadic” outbursts of emotion In reality, you're dealing with unresolved feelings from the past.
12. You have an overwhelming desire to help people. You recognize that, because we are all fundamentally one, dedicating your life to helping others is the most honourable and rewarding thing you can do.
13. You become enraged for what you were given and didn't get, for all the anguish you did and didn't have to deal with. Eventually, your rage turns to acceptance as you recognize each aspect of your experience as a companion rather than a foe.
14. You understand that life has never happened to you; it has always been a mirror of you. What you put out into the world was exactly what you received in return.
15. You have a mystical, personal relationship with the divine. You perceive yourself as a god, and you see god in every other living human being.
16. You realize that you can't wait any longer to begin living because life is happening right now and has always been. You start to realize that you've been depriving yourself of happiness by waiting for it to start.
What are kundalini symptoms?
Kundalini, as divine feminine energy, is normally latent in the root chakra (base of the spine). However, there are a variety of circumstances in which kundalini might be awoken unexpectedly, ranging from trauma to drug use to years of focused practice (such as through tantra or kundalini yoga).
I've separated kundalini awakening symptoms into two categories: “bright” and “dark” symptoms. Please keep in mind that kundalini energy is neither good nor bad; it is simply a fundamental power that exists within us. However, some of these experiences are pleasurable, while others are highly painful to the human mind:
‘Light' Kundalini Awakening Symptoms
- You have phases of Oneness during which your compassion for people grows.
- You're motivated to make significant, life-changing decisions and genuine changes in your life.
- The amount of synchronicity (meaningful or miraculous coincidences) increases dramatically.
- Your empathetic powers improve, and you are able to feel things deeply.
- You continue to receive large, cosmic “downloads” of data (soul communication)
‘Dark' Kundalini Awakening Symptoms
- External stimuli (bright light, TV violence, loud noises) cause your nervous system to become hypersensitive, and it shuts down or desires utter solitude.
- You are experiencing visual distortions that can be disconcerting (e.g., objects seeming to vibrate)
- Your body is suffused with strong heat, tremors, or electricity.
- You can't tell what's real from what's imagined (psychosis) and think you're going insane.
Other Kundalini Awakening Symptoms
The kundalini awakening indicators listed above are quite typical. However, as someone who has had kundalini energy travel through them, I can tell you that it does not happen in the same manner for everyone.
For example, one of the most recent experiences I've had was preceded by two weeks of low-level thoughts of ‘impending doom,' followed by the gentle movement of kundalini energy from my brain down through my body into my stomach. The energy was light, like a gentle breeze, and it seemed like it was ‘working' on something in my stomach when it reached it. Then it dissolved and gone.
What happens when kundalini is fully awakened?
People are sometimes unprepared, or the process begins spontaneously without their knowledge. People who endure inner instability, total breakdown, or spiritual distress, resulting in a catastrophic life crisis, are examples of this. Disgraceful fitness and lifestyle behaviors, such as hard workouts, drug usage, abusive or traumatic situations, and so on, cause Kundalini energy to spontaneously emerge.
The immense strength of Kundalini Shakti energy, once awakened, radically transforms a person's life. He or she can go through a lot of social and emotional changes. Some people may even have a terrible prior experience or have personality swings on a regular basis. They would be able to transcend this inner trauma if properly directed by certain well-experienced masters and gurus, but if not, the outcome would be beyond terrible devastation in an otherwise easy-going life.
What triggers kundalini awakening?
You've found the correct spot if you've had a Kundalini Awakening, are wondering about the Kundalini Awakening process, think you could have some of the symptoms of a Kundalini Awakening, or are looking for Kundalini Awakening support.
I've spent the last decade researching Kundalini Awakenings from all angles, including hearing from people who have experienced spontaneous awakenings and gone on to live healthy and productive lives. I've also totally integrated my Kundalini Awakening experience, and I now work with a number of students to help them integrate their awakenings, as well as teaching this (cheap) online Integrate Your Kundalin Awakening course.
Although a spontaneous waking can be frightening, Kundalini Awakening is our collective developmental destiny.
What is a Kundalini Awakening?
A complete Kundalini Awakening is an energetic event in which all of the psyche's knots and difficulties are healed. It's extremely uncommon and leads to enlightenment. The vast majority of people who have an energetic experience 99.999999 percent are only experiencing the beginnings of Kundalini movement in the body, not a full awakening.
This is nothing out of the ordinary, and the bells, lights, and whistles that might accompany any wakeup can become a source of distraction and impediment.
People can experience an energy shift that wakes layers of perception and temporarily activates the chakras. They have the ability to engage in certain unusual behaviors. A surge of energy rising from Muladhara, up the back of the spine, over the top of the head, and terminating in the forehead is the true Kundalini Awakening experience. The entire system has sprung to life.
Regardless, Kundalini Waking is the awakening of Kundalini energy, which lies at the base of the spine, whether it is a full experience or the beginnings of movement. In some manner, shape, or form, the energy begins to flow up the spine.
This burst of energy is unrelated to a person's culture, religion, or country of origin. While yogic scriptures often describe the experience, it is also known and referenced in other spiritual traditions. It is the human being's natural growth to come to consciousness as the truth of who they are.
What causes a Kundalini Awakening?
Kundalini was traditionally awakened through rigorous yoga practice. However, it's becoming increasingly frequent for people to have awakenings without any prior yoga experience or knowledge.
Intense energy work, drug usage, sexual experiences, abuse or trauma, yoga practice, or life events can all cause an awakening.
It's the first of many stages of awakening, not the final one! The true task of awakening and liberation begins now.
What are the symptoms of a Kundalini Awakening?
The indications and symptoms of Kundalini Awakening vary from person to person, and they are mostly determined by the energy blocks in the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual bodies. The signs and symptoms are usually related to the blocks, and the symptoms fade as the blocks are worked through and released.
Signs & Symptoms can include:
- Electricity in the body or internal lightening bolts are examples of energetic feelings.
- Shaking and jerking of the body, frequently completely out of the person's control
- Cold sensations in the body, as well as extreme heat sensations in the spine or certain chakras
- Kriyas (yoga practices), mudras (hand gestures), Bandas (body locks), asana, or pranayama that appear out of nowhere. Typically, the individual has never studied or learned any of these emergent habits.
- Buzzing, musical instruments, or thunder are examples of strange internal sounds that no one else can hear.
What is the process of a Kundalini Awakening?
While an awakening may appear to be a bizarre and out-of-control event, Kundalini is an intelligent and organic process with a purpose and a method for achieving that purpose.
The goal is to go through all of the psyche's illusions and tangles in order to re-orient the awakened person's life toward truth. This can be a difficult process because it implies the termination of relationships, work conditions, and previous ways of life. People who are unable to let go of the known and familiar sometimes try to hold on to people and situations. Suffering is caused by clinging to the past.
The smoother the process is, the more hard work a person has done before Kundalini Awakens. If the person has experienced a spontaneous awakening with minimal effort on their part, they are in for a difficult journey. Kundalini changes people on a physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual level over time.
The most crucial part of effectively working with a Kundalini Awakening is a person's perspective on Reality. This is why having a good teacher who can impart the tradition's viewpoint is so important. The majority of people's problems with Kundalini arise from maintaining incorrect viewpoints, and the awakening can be skillfully integrated with a shift in viewpoint and the right practice. Integrate Your Kundalin Awakening, a four-week online course, covers all of this and more.
What are the benefits of a Kundalini Awakening?
When Kundalini emerges, a person may have a greater sense of empathy for others, almost telepathic empathy. Greater sensitivity, higher energy levels, sometimes psychic skills or deep understanding, aging can appear to slow down, creativity and charisma can rise, as can interior calm and wisdom, and aging can appear to slow down. It's as though you're a part of All That Is. Life's deeper secrets are no longer a mystery.
Where can I find help or support for my Kundalini Awakening?
There are several support groups on the internet, as well as literature about Kundalini Awakening. The finest type of assistance you can get is from an educated, skilled, and experienced yoga instructor who has gone through some form of awakening. They're uncommon, although not as uncommon as you may imagine. See who you can locate by asking around, using Google, and using your imagination. However, exercise caution and confidence in your own feelings and intuition.
And, yes, I do work one-on-one with clients who have had Kundalini Awakenings and want to integrate them. If this describes you, you can schedule a session with me by clicking here. Alternatively, you can enroll in the four-week course below for only $37US.
How does it feel when a chakra opens?
You don't have to spend a lot of money or time to work on your chakras. In fact, meditation is the most effective way to access chakra energy.
You can feel your chakras every day or once a week by doing a brief 15-minute chakra meditation. All you have to do now is pick a comfortable seat in a peaceful location.
Bring yourself to a pleasant place, set your objective for the meditation, and focus on deep steady breaths after you're seated in a comfortable posture.
Start with the first chakra after that (the root chakra). Consider the hue that corresponds to it and the energy that flows through it.
Remember that inhales direct energy to the chakra and exhales allow awareness to settle in as you move through each chakra.
When the chakras are open and functioning properly, it's very typical to experience a tingling feeling across your entire body. All tension will dissipate as a result of this sensation. You might feel loose if you were stiff. You might feel peaceful if you were restless.
What are the stages of kundalini awakening?
An old style of life will no longer work during a Kundalini Awakening. Personal crises, changes of attitude, tastes, likes, and dislikes can all occur in people.
This had already happened to me in the United States. For me, the life I was living there was insufficient. My feet were itchy, and my relationship began to come apart as I yearned for a new life. It wasn't enough that I lived in a beautiful little town with foxes, chipmunks, Aspen trees, and snow-capped mountains. I flew home on my own in the end. Life as I had left it didn't fit when I returned home. Things that used to make me happy were no longer making me happy. My gaze was drawn to a new horizon.
I became really ill, waking up one night with a fever and severe chills that rendered me unable to move or walk. I was transported to the hospital because I couldn't stand up on my own. With excruciating body aches (especially in my hips), fever, and physical weakness, I stayed there for two nights. I was eventually well enough to leave the hospital without a diagnosis after IV antibiotics, X-rays, and observation. I have no idea what was wrong with me to this day, but I believe it was one of the Kundalini Awakening Stages.
Can you feel kundalini?
Kundalini awakening is characterized by the following characteristics. Sensations of ‘energy' moving or imprisoned in specific regions of the body, most commonly the chakra points. This process may become ‘visible' to the experiencer in some way. The energy is too strong or uncomfortable to tolerate, and it is frequently accompanied by shaking, jerking, or spasms.
What happens when kundalini reaches head?
According to the Yogis, the spinal column has two nerve currents, Pingalâ and Idâ, as well as a hollow canal called Sushumnâ that runs through the spinal cord. The “Lotus of the Kundalini,” as the Yogis name it, is located at the bottom end of the hollow canal. They describe it as triangular in shape, with a coiled-up power known as the Kundalini, according to Yogis' symbolical terminology. When Kundalini awakens, it tries to force its way through this hollow channel, and as it rises step by step, layer after layer of the mind opens up, allowing the Yogi to experience all of the diverse sights and marvelous powers. The Yogi is totally divorced from the body and intellect when it reaches the brain, and the soul finds itself free. We know that the spinal cord is made up in an unusual way. When we look at the figure eight horizontally (), we can see that there are two portions in the centre that are connected. The spinal cord will be represented by adding eight following eight, heaped one on top of the other. The Ida is on the left, the Pingala is on the right, and the Sushumna is the hollow canal that passes through the center of the spinal cord. A fine fiber arises downwards where the spinal cord ends in some of the lumbar vertebrae, and the canal runs up even within that fiber, only much finer. The canal is closed at the lower end, near the sacral plexus, which is triangular in shape according to current physiology. The various plexuses with their centers in the spinal canal can very well represent the Yogi's various “lotuses.”
When Kundalini Shakti is conceived as a goddess, it connects with the Supreme Being of the Universe when it rises to the head (Lord Shiva). As a result, the aspirant is immersed in deep concentration and endless happiness. In his book God Talks with Arjuna: The Bhagavad Gita, Paramahansa Yogananda writes:
This creative power turns inward and flows back to its source in the thousand-petaled lotus at the command of the yogi in profound meditation, revealing the glorious inner world of the divine forces and consciousness of the soul and spirit. The awakened kundalini is the term used by yoga to describe the strength that flows from the coccyx to the spirit.
The yogi directs the searchlights of intelligence, mind, and life force inward through a secret astral passage, the coiled way of the kundalini in the coccygeal plexus, and upward through the sacral, lumbar, and higher dorsal, cervical, and medullary plexuses, as well as the spiritual eye between the brows, to reveal the soul's presence in the highest center (Sahasrara) in
Can kundalini awaken naturally?
To be honest, there isn't a single answer to this question. After years of establishing a spiritual practice, practising Kundalini yoga, meditating, and so on, some people experience a Kundalini awakening. But it can also happen on its own, without any prior training.
“The Kundalini rising is an automatic process that happensand it can happen under any form of spiritual discipline, any style of yoga,” says Krishna Kaur, a Kundalini yoga teacher.
You may eventually become so neutral and balanced “that you know you've reached a place of total awakened-ness” through the practice of enriching your spirituality and inner world, Kaur notes, adding that she does not teach people to raise their Kundalini energy with an awakening as the goaland does not believe people should attempt it.