Spiritual cleaning, like any other interest in life, takes time to master. However, Walaa would like to point out that spiritual cleansing has no defined schedule, and you should do it when and how you choose.
Before You Continue...
Do you know what is your soul number? Take this quick quiz to find out! Get a personalized numerology report, and discover how you can unlock your fullest spiritual potential. Start the quiz now!
“It's something that never changes since we're always growing and losing layers of ourselves. And it's a work in progress as we go along “she explains. “You could see it as weighty at first, but as you advance and go forward on your spiritual path, you'll find yourself saying things like, ‘Oh, I believe that' or ‘Oh, I see that, I'm doing that.' When you begin to understand yourself, it transforms into something exciting, curious, and wonderful to deal with. But it's always there. It doesn't happen very often.”
Limiting your mind to just one objective, whether it's visualizing career success or streamlining your social/personal life, argues Walaa, will only confine you. Instead, she advises taking a look at the “larger picture” of your life and approaching spiritual purification as a journey rather than a chore.
“There is no objective to achieve. It's not a matter of where you're going “Walaa opined. “It's more of a journey, and it's about actually appreciating the journey and the process rather than simply saying, “OK, I'm going to be confident,” and then thinking you're done. That is not the case. Some days you're more self-assured than others. You struggle more on other days because your buttons are pressed more. As a result, it's more of a voyage. That is why it is a never-ending task.”
Another point Walaa would want to make is to avoid falling into the “false positive” trap that is all too often in the spirituality field, also known as spiritual bypassing. Many people deflect this idea and use spirituality as a technique to insulate themselves from their worst thoughts, according to Walaafor example, consider how many times you've used your astrology chart as a reason for why you have a certain toxic feature instead of facing this trait. Instead of thinking of spirituality as a reason “why,” consider it as a tool for recognizing and improving particular aspects of your life.
“Something we don't realize is that spiritual purification shouldn't be limited to when we've reached a breaking point. But, honestly, when we've had enough of our own nonsense, that's the best place to start and begin “she explains. “Spiritual cleaning has a lot of artificial optimism shells on it, and it's all like, ‘Oh, gorgeous and unicorn lands,' and stuff like that. However, it is a grueling procedure. It's a process of truly shedding and letting go of who you are, who you learnt to beor, more accurately, who the world taught you to be, culture, societal conditioning, or whateverand learning to let go of all of these beliefs. Letting them go is difficult, as is stepping into who you truly are, no matter what that is, even if it does not fit into any box, and it is unlikely to fit into anyone's box. It's a torturous procedure, but it's wonderful because it saves your life.”
But Walaa's most crucial piece of advice is simple yet terrifying: get uncomfortable.
“You go to your uncomfortable zone if you want to grow. Get out of your current situation “she explains. “This is where you will grow the most. This is the best, most practical thing I could say, because I can't say things like, “Oh, go do color therapy,” or “Go do breath work,” because they're all just different entrances to the same chamber. And some of us are better with color therapy, while others are better with shamanic breathing, while yet others are better with Reiki. It's all about feeling uncomfortable if you want to keep getting inside that room from whatever door works for you. So go for the unsettling.”
What is spiritual cleanliness?
Accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and seeking His guidance every day through the study of the Bible, His holy word, and direct communication with Him via prayer is the key to being cleansed of sin and living a healthy moral and spiritual life.
How do I find myself spiritually?
When trying to put all eight aspects of wellness together, the spiritual aspect of wellness can be the most individualized piece of the puzzle. People, on the whole, like to live lives that have meaning and purpose. When these objectives are attained, it brings peace into one's life and the lives of those around them.
So, what are some things you may do to increase your spiritual well-being? It's best to experiment with several ways to see what works best for you. Spiritual wellbeing can be reached in a variety of ways, both physically and intellectually, because it involves one's values, beliefs, and purpose.
1. Examine your spiritual foundation. You are merely asking yourself questions about who you are and what you mean when you explore your spiritual essence. Consider the following question: “Who am I?” What is the point of my existence? What am I most passionate about? These questions will lead you down a path where you will think more deeply about yourself and recognize aspects of yourself that will assist you in achieving fulfillment.
2. Search for hidden meanings. Looking for deeper meanings and examining patterns in your life will help you realize that you have power over your future. Knowing this can help you live a happier and healthier life.
3. Get it off your chest. It will be easier to retain a concentrated mind if you express what is on your mind. You may feel befuddled and unable to make sense of your feelings after a long day or an important event. You may be able to think more clearly and move forward if you write down your thoughts.
4. Give yoga a shot. Yoga is a physical discipline that can help you achieve spiritual wellness by eliminating mental and physical stress. Yoga is taught at all levels and can help relieve anxiety, sadness, weariness, and sleeplessness as well as reducing stress, strengthen the immune system, and lower blood pressure.
5. Take a trip. Yes, it is correct! Taking time for yourself to travel to a familiar location or to a new location can do wonders for your mental health. You will have a greater connection with yourself when your mind is able to block out distractions and assist you in reflecting and resting. This allows you to eliminate stressors and retrain your mind to focus on total wellness. Exercising, visiting with a counselor or advisor, meditation, or taking a temporary vow of silence are all activities that can be done while on a trip.
6. Keep an optimistic attitude. You will find yourself thinking differently and shifting your mind to a happy, healthy place once you begin to view things in your life in a good light. You'll discover that you're more comfortable when you eliminate negativity and re-frame how you think about specific things and situations.
7. Set aside some time to meditate. While managing your time and everyday tasks can be difficult, it is critical to make time for yourself. Take five to ten minutes each day to meditate, whether it's first thing in the morning, during your lunch break, or right before bedtime. By incorporating meditation and relaxation into your daily routine, you will be able to clear your mind and strengthen your connection to your spiritual well-being.
How do I cleanse my soul?
- Take a stroll through the park. Try meditation techniques with step-by-step instructions in a quiet environment.
- Make today a low-tech affair. Turn off the television, computer, mobile, and any electronics.
- Soak in the tub. Leave your phone in another room and concentrate on enjoying your time in the warm water.
What do you put in a spiritual bath?
Natural salt is one of the most effective ingredients for clearing your energies of any negative junk. Pink Himalayan salt, natural sea salt, and Epsom salt are all excellent choices that are widely available. Regular table salts should never be used since they contain anti-caking chemicals and have been refined to remove many of the useful minerals. Use no more than a couple of nice handfuls.
How does God clean our hearts?
“Create in me a pure heart, and refresh in me a right spirit, O God. Take not thy holy spirit from me, nor cast me away from thy presence. Restore the joy of thy deliverance to me, and strengthen me with thy free spirit. Then I will teach sinners thy ways, and transgressors will be converted to thee.”
Our proper spirit begins in our hearts, David recognized. David understood that we must know God, appreciate God, and love God. David utters the following prayer:
To be consistently inspired by God, King David realized he had to be in God's presence.
How do we remain in God's presence? First, as we read the Bible, God speaks to us personally. Second, we communicate with God via praying. Third, we can only get blessings in our lives if we obey God's Word.
When you believe in Jesus Christ and put your love and faith in Him, God places the Holy Spirit within you. The Holy Spirit leads you in the direction of God's Word. As a result, David pleaded: “and do not deprive me of thy holy spirit.”
Then David adds, “Bring back the joy of thy redemption to me, and maintain me with thy free spirit.”
The understanding of scripture frees you to choose the appropriate paths. In Christ Jesus, you have freedom. You have the option of accepting His love, purpose, and connection. You are no longer enslaved to sin and its ramifications. You have complete freedom.
We are called sons and daughters by God. You are a child of God in Christ. You are the King's child.
Being a person of religion also entails sharing our faith with others in a meaningful way. David explains:
“Then I will teach sinners thy ways, and transgressors will be turned to thee.”
You are also being called to share your religion with others by God. We can receive a clean heart by simply trusting and loving Jesus and following Him on a regular basis.
How can you tell if someone is spiritual?
The first evidence of a spiritual person is their lack of fear. When you have a fear or a chronic worry, that fear takes over your life and you are unable to be in the present moment. Fear of public speaking, fear of heights, and fear of bugs are the three most common fears among Americans. Many people, however, are terrified of death, rejection, loneliness, failure, illness, or making poor judgments. Spiritual people understand how to yield to forces beyond their control. In this way, they are similar to children in that they know how to ignore their minds and live fearlessly.