It could have been love at first sight. Or maybe you just had a one-of-a-kind connection. In any case, it's possible you've discovered your spiritual twin! You become enthralled with the other person's life story and passions…
Before You Continue...
Do you know what is your soul number? Take this quick quiz to find out! Get a personalized numerology report, and discover how you can unlock your fullest spiritual potential. Start the quiz now!
When two people share a lot of common interests or passions in life, they are said to have a spiritual connection.
You may go off on unexpected tangents, but the other person will easily follow you. You're perfectly understood, or they seem to be checking in and asking whether you're following them all the time…
Spiritual Connection: When two people can have in-depth discussions about important issues without feeling judged by one another.
You reveal each other's secrets, ideas, and dreams. You have the impression that you can entirely trust them or that they understand you in a manner that no one else has…
When two persons are able to connect on an emotional level, they are said to have a spiritual connection.
It might get so powerful that you feel like a magnetic force is pulling you both together. It may appear to come and go at other times…
When two people have an electric energy that brings them closer together, they are said to have a spiritual connection.
It appears that you and your partner have a strong feeling of shared destiny. Maybe you just get a feeling they're supposed to be in your life…
When two people believe that their friendship is destined or vital for some reason, they have a spiritual connection.
It may take some time, but you can't deny that there's a great force pulling you both together. Even if your friendship is platonic, you may sense this…
Spiritual Connection: When two people, although only being friends, feel drawn to each other spiritually.
Sign #7: The Other Person Has Shared Spirit Guide or Deceased Loved One Experiences
Although you may not have the same spiritual beliefs, you do share a sense of spirituality. Or perhaps they've had similar situations that don't appear to be purely coincidental…
Spiritual Connection: When two people, although being non-spiritual in their daily lives, may sense or interact with spirits together.
When you're with them, you feel inspired, energized, and creative. They may bring out the best in you or simply serve as a reminder of your genuine self…
When two people motivate one other to attain their full potential, they are said to have a spiritual connection.
You know they have your back and would never do anything to harm you on purpose. They appear to be an integral part of who you are, not only now but also in the future…
Spiritual Connection: When two people trust one other implicitly despite the fact that there is no logical basis for them to.
It's as if they can see deep into your soul and know who you really are when you're together. They may even appear to be a reflection of oneself…
When two people are able to connect on an emotional level that feels more than just human, it is called spiritual connection.
You have the impression that you can be yourself with them. Or perhaps they feel misunderstood since they don't fit in with the rest of society…
Spiritual Connection: When two people connect on an emotional level because their energy is distinct from that of others.
You can't deny that they have a distinct personality. Maybe they have a distinct energy than everyone else you've ever met, or maybe it only appears that way…
When two people connect spiritually, even if others don't understand why, they are on the same energy wave.
When the other person is around, you may feel prickles of electricity or be more open to being in their presence…
Spiritual Connection: When two people have a strong energy connection that makes others uncomfortable.
When you're apart, you can sometimes feel a deep connection that you can't feel when you're together. It doesn't rule out the possibility of the connection working in person, but there is something unquestionably unique about it…
When two people experience a strong spiritual connection even if they are physically apart from each other.
It's possible that the other person perceives you in ways that no one else has. Perhaps they recognize your huge potential or have a better knowledge of who you are…
Spiritual Connection: When two people can see pieces of themselves in one other that others can't.
Without asking, the other person can glimpse something in your future by looking at you! It's possible that they know what's going to happen next, or you'll just know when the time is right…
Spiritual Connection: When two people can see each other's future without having to ask.
You might have the impression that you constantly know what they're thinking or that you could complete each other's sentences if you wanted to! It's possible that things between you two just come naturally…
This person has a significant resemblance to your twin flame or soul mate! They may be inextricably linked to you and feel so familiar that you feel as if you've known them your entire life…
When two persons have a strong spiritual connection, they are said to be spiritually connected.
Sign #19: You have a thorough understanding of the other person's personality and life goals.
You have a thorough knowledge of the other person and their motivations. You can see their life's purpose and what makes them tick… Not only do they feel familiar, but you can see what makes them tick…
Spiritual Connection: When two persons have a deep spiritual understanding of each other.
Sign #20: You have the impression that the other person can see into your soul and hear what you're not saying.
To know that the other person understands you, you don't always have to express things out loud. They can see right into your soul and hear what you're not saying…
Spiritual Connection: When two people connect emotionally and spiritually on a level that goes beyond verbal communication.
How do you know when you are spiritually connected to someone?
Humans like forming bonds with the unique persons who enter our life as social creatures.
Some connections are profound, mysterious, and leave an indelible impression on us.
If you are pulled to specific people for any reason, you may have created a spiritual connection with them.
This person has been referred to as a soul mate, a prior life, or a kindred spirit.
When you meet someone with whom you share a spiritual bond, you form an instant and deep bond with them that isn't necessarily romantic.
And, while your relationship may not endure forever, you'll undoubtedly learn something new along the way.
Here are 19 indicators that you've developed a strong spiritual connection with someone:
How do you know if you and your partner are spiritually connected?
You hold each other with high regard. Soul partners have a deep knowledge of one other's respect. When one person speaks, the other listens intently and without prejudice. You can still respect your partner's ideas and viewpoints if you have a spiritual love connection.
What does a soul connection feel like?
When two people feel they are connected on a soul level in a substantial or unusual way, they are said to have made a soul connection. It's the feeling that your connection is bigger than the earth plane, that something bigger brought you together or is at work than the practical specifics of your relationship, such being coworkers or lovers. You might have a sense that you've known each other in a previous life or that your souls decided to meet now before this one.
Tess Whitehurst, spiritual teacher and bestselling author, tells mbg, “When I hear the word'soul mate,' it often appears to connote exclusivity.” Whitehurst, who has been in a love relationship for 20 years with the same spouse, believes the contrary is true: “We have multiple soul mates.” We're all connected on a soul level since we're all part of a common humanity or spiritual consciousness.
How do you know whether you've found your soul mate? Let's take a look at different forms of soul connections, keeping in mind that there may be some overlap. In a variety of ways, someone could be your soul mate.
Can a connection be one sided?
One person often bears the brunt of the communication, time, and effort required to maintain a one-sided friendship. When they require assistance, they immediately seek you out. When you're in a pinch, however, you can't seem to get through to them. Friendships that are one-sided might leave you feeling bewildered and hurt.
What is spiritual intimacy?
- “The feeling of freedom that you can connect at any time and in any way about spiritual things or issues is the foundation for a lasting marriage…..the it's feeling of freedom that you can connect at any moment and in any way about spiritual matters or difficulties.” There's no need to tread carefully when it comes to sharing or asking a question. You live your lives with the assurance that you are spiritually connected.” Les and Leslie Parrott's “Becoming Soul Mates” (pp. 164).
- “We make a conscious effort to share some spiritual question that has to do with a family problem, a book we've been reading, a sermon we're working on, a Bible study lesson, or even political issues….
- The point is that we don't go a day without talking about the bigger spiritual picture of life as a couple.” (From Les and Leslie Parrott's “Becoming Soul Mates,” p. 176).
- Spiritual intimacy is defined as sharing your spirituality with your partner (spiritual disclosure) and listening to your partner's spiritual disclosures in a supportive and non-judgmental manner (spiritual support).
- Social scientists are only now beginning to investigate spiritual closeness. We asked men and wives to answer four questions about their own spiritually intimate behavior and four questions about their spouse's spiritually intimate behavior for our transition to motherhood study. See all 8 items in the gallery below. We averaged a couple's responses regarding the husband to come up with a total score for spiritually closeness. We also added items about the woman together to get a total score on her spiritual intimacy.
- My spiritual side is something I tend to keep private and distinct from my marriage. (Scored backwards)
- When my partner talks about spirituality, I try not to be judgemental or critical.
- When my partner expresses spiritual concerns or challenges, I strive to be sympathetic.
- My partner does not share his or her spiritual beliefs or feelings with me. (Scored backwards)
- When I communicate about my spiritual needs, thoughts, and feelings, my husband actually listens.
- When I tell my partner about my spiritual issues or challenges, he or she is supportive.
- Note that partners can have similar or dissimilar spiritual or religious identities and nonetheless engage in spiritual closeness with one another. Our method of determining spiritual connection does not necessitate spiritual or religious equivalence between spouses. Higher religious mutual involvement, on the other hand, is associated with greater spiritual intimacy.
- Yes, better marital functioning is predicted by more spiritual connectedness between wives and husbands.
- Increased affection, humor, and warmth for one's spouse (self-reported, partner-reported & observed)
- Negativity and hatred toward spouse are reduced (self-reported, partner-reported & observed)
- More contentment with the marriage (self-reported, partner-reported & observed)
- The less critical or angry both acted during videotaped marital exchanges from the time they were pregnant to when their first infant was a year old, the more couples felt each spouse engaged in spiritually intimate behavior. During observed marital interactions, higher spiritual closeness predicted that both wives and husbands would show more warmth, humor, and affection toward the spouse. Furthermore, higher spiritual intimacy predicted spouses' perceptions of their sentiments of love for each other, better communication skills in everyday life at home, and greater happiness with the marriage when they transitioned to motherhood. Because both direct observation of marital interactions and couples' self-reports of marital quality were used, these findings are significant. Longitudinal data was also utilized.
- The benefits of spiritual intimacy that we discovered could not be explained away by stable qualities of the spouses, such as personality traits, money, education, or their efforts to impress researchers. After controlling for stable, positive traits of the spouses, the percentage of husbands and wives who stated both partners had good communication skills did not predict how well each parent treated the other during conflictual discussions.
- To explain these findings, we propose that couples who share a strong spiritual bond are more likely to stay kind and resist the impulse to “go negative” when discussing their primary difficulties. In other words, when couples are dissatisfied with each other, they may need a strong incentive to stay civil and engaged, such as sustaining their spiritual connectedness. When you and your partner engage into painful debates about your core issues, the risk of losing your connection to your soul mate may inspire you to resist the impulse to try to win a battle. As a result, spiritual closeness is identified while one resource that may encourage new parents to keep and defend their marriage as they cope with the pressures of being first-time parents together, according to this study.
What has been discovered previously about Spiritual Disclosure, which is a component of Spiritual Intimacy?
- When two people openly communicate their spiritual journeys, questions, and doubts with one another, this is referred to as spiritual disclosure. Greater use of collaborative approaches to settle conflict has been linked to greater communication about spiritual concerns between college students and their mothers (Brelsford & Mahoney, 2008) or fathers (Brelsford, 2009). Even after controlling for how much the college student and parent talked other sensitive matters with each other (e.g., politics, alcohol or drug usage), and how important religion or spirituality was to each side, these relationships persisted.
- G. M. Brelsford, G. M. Brelsford, G. M. Brels (2010). Spirituality between college students and their fathers. 21, 27-48 in Research in the Social Scientific Study of Religion.
- G. M. Brelsford and A. Mahoney (2008). Between older teenagers and their mothers, there occurs a spiritual unveiling. 62-70 in Journal of Family Psychology.
Why do you feel connected to someone?
Connecting with others entails feeling open and available to others while also feeling open and available to yourself. Empathy and compassion are two more components of human connection; we feel goodwill toward the individual with whom we are connected.
What is a spiritual attraction?
Spiritual attraction is a type of attraction that is based on valuing a person's opinions, emotional and mental reliance, valuing their existence more than others (non-obsessively), desiring partnership or guide-like relationships, spiritual bonding, exclusively doing things together, friendship, possible familial bonds, possible physical affection, performing spiritual practices together, fascination, and interest in their persona. It is predicated on the concept or sense that such a connection is “destined,” or that the object of such attraction had a “past life” relationship with the individual. It can be utilized as a subcategory of social attraction in some instances, such as desiring a mentor-student relationship with someone who has a deep spirituality. A spirit or soul crush is a spiritual attraction crush.
When you feel a connection with someone do they feel it too?
We've all questioned if a person is attracted to us at some point in our lives. Because of the fear of rejection, when a romantic attraction is sensed, feelings are not stated directly. This dread is also evident when there is a physical attraction between two people, such as when one person likes another and vice versa. After all, wondering, “Do they like me?” might be terrifying. Especially if you've been rejected before and are afraid of being rejected again. Furthermore, a person may be hesitant to communicate their thoughts because they are unsure of how to do so appropriately. Despite obvious indicators of attraction between two people, their inability to communicate them may jeopardize the relationship's success. Whatever the reason, the resulting confusion can be inconvenient.