The distinction between soulmate and lover as nouns is that a soulmate is someone with whom one has a profound, almost spiritual connection, whereas a lover is someone who loves and cares for another person romantically; a sweetheart, love, soulmate, boyfriend, or girlfriend.
Before You Continue...
Do you know what is your soul number? Take this quick quiz to find out! Get a personalized numerology report, and discover how you can unlock your fullest spiritual potential. Start the quiz now!
What is your soulmate?
Because a soulmate connection should challenge you to evolve from selfishness to giving, the driving concept in a relationship between soulmates is that needs are addressed equally. Your soulmate is a companion on your life's journey; you both need each other to progress beyond your unique boundaries.”
Is soulmate real?
Soulmates are real and can be confirmed by science, according to the very out-there website The Science of Soulmates. However, after reading through the lengthy, wordy site, you'll discover that the “scientifically verified” hypotheses stated on the site to illustrate that soulmates are real are quite woo-woo.
TL;DR: Soulmates appear to be one manifestation of the energy patterns that run through everything in the universe. “Scientific instruments recorded proof of a fundamental energy pattern that exposes the source of existence and the phenomena of soulmates,” according to the website.
Despite the fact that this “proof” is muddled and difficult to understand, it appears that some people believe that soulmates can be discovered by researching energy patterns. I'm open to this idea I was raised in a nontraditional environment and am open to many transcendental concepts but I'm not convinced this site actually gives much scientific proof that soulmates exist. So, it's back to square one.
Can a soulmate be a friend?
Yes, platonic soul mates exist. A platonic soul mate relationship is a friendship that can go almost as deep as any other. These connections, according to Nuez, will not feel like other “regular” friendships since you will be friends “at a soul level” and will most likely have a profound and instant identification upon meeting.
Also, don't undervalue the strength of these ties. Our platonic soul mates, according to Richardson, might be just as vital in our lives as our romantic soul mates. “If you consider terrestrial life to be a brief journey for the soul, as some spiritual people do, you'll want to travel with engaging, supporting companionsjust as any character in an epic story or legend does,” she says.
It's also feasible (and perhaps likely) that you'll have multiple platonic soul mates during the course of your life, possibly even multiple at the same time. “You can find new soul mates at any time in your life. It doesn't have to be a childhood friend; it may be someone you meet at work or someone you meet in your 50s “Nuez explains.
Some soul mates come and go, while others stick around for the long haul, according to Richardson. These connections, regardless of their length, are an important element of the journey. She explains, “Just as the human body need food and drink, the soul requires companion soul mates.”
Can soulmates marry?
- Marriages between soulmates can be healthy, powerful, and happy. In a marriage between soul mates, there should be no intimidation, manipulation, or abuse. You should feel safe when you're with your soul mate.
- A soul mate relationship is anticipated to be a natural match and to feel like it was meant to be. Especially so, every marriage, even one between soul mates, requires the two couples to put their marriage connection first.
- A soul match partner is frequently described as a mirror for their spouse. Though it does sound a little dull.
- A soul mate marriage is full of honesty and support. Successful marriages between couples who do not feel they are soul mates are also possible.
- In both soul mate marriages and long-term relationships, there is a sense of familiarity and mutuality.
- Marriages between soulmates can be happy, passionate, and healthy. Working together, soulmate lovers can easily accomplish a lot.
- Couples that are soul mates typically take pleasure in watching each other grow.
Is a soulmate always romantic?
Soulmates do not have to be romantic, but they are frequently. This is because when you connect with a soulmate, you feel a powerful attraction. Soulmates don't have to be together indefinitely. Sometimes soulmate relationships can last a lifetime, while other times they are too powerful and must be ended.
How do I know who my soulmate is?
2. They're your closest companion.
Because friendship is the best basis for every relationship, why do you think so many rom coms include two BFFs who marry? It's a fantastic indicator if you and your SO have a trustworthy, happy friendship.
3. When you're among them, you feel at ease.
Because you spend so much time with your significant other, you should feel at ease and at ease when you're with them. Naturally, there will be butterflies and nerves at first, but once you've gotten to know one other, it should seem completely natural.