- Spiritual love is a type of love that is based on a spiritual connection and helps us find meaning and purpose in life.
- Spiritual loves can have a variety of purposes: some are supposed to accompany us on our journey through life, while others are meant to teach us lessons.
- Their purpose may not be immediately apparent; yet, our spirituality can benefit us in better understanding our relationships.
- In reality, whether or not we set out time for spiritual practices, our spirituality has a significant impact on all of our interactions.
- Spirituality, in the end, connects us to something greater than ourselves, and our spiritual connection either strengthens or weakens our connections with others.
What does it mean to have a spiritual connection with someone?
A spiritual connection is a feeling that there's something more than you and your unique experiences, meanings, or beliefsthat we're all united as one human species with common aims and interests, whatever they are. It comes from understanding how other people feel without them having to express it, and from feeling the same way yourself.
Before You Continue...
Do you know what is your soul number? Take this quick quiz to find out! Get a personalized numerology report, and discover how you can unlock your fullest spiritual potential. Start the quiz now!
People that have spiritual ties share similar values and ideas about what's important to them, and they feel free to be themselves when they're among each other. Because they're on the same “team,” so to speak, and have a sense of responsibility for their activities, they tend to want to help or watch out for one another.
Here are some things both parties may encounter in order to comprehend the indicators that you do, in fact, have a spiritual connection:
You have full transparency and honesty
It's as if you can look into someone's heart when you have a spiritual connection, and vice versa.
You simply don't want to lie to this person, and you can tell they feel the same way about you.
How do you connect with someone you love spiritually?
It's not about indoctrinating your partner to believe what you believe or enjoy what you like when it comes to spirituality. It's also not about making the other person more “spiritual” to form a spiritual relationship. Both of these methods are immature and detrimental to your relationship.
Rather, expanding the Soul contact between the two of you is the goal of developing a spiritual connection. Vulnerability, engagement, attentiveness, openness, and receptivity to the other person are all aspects of spiritual connection.
Give more eye contact
Couples who no longer make eye contact with each other are one of the saddest things I observe. These couples communicate with each other by having long discussions without even looking at each other.
Eye contact is a very personal experience. When you make eye contact with your partner, you're basically expressing your interest in and commitment to what they're saying. Eye contact is not only a sign of respect, but it is also the most effective approach to connect with the Soul of another person. Have you heard of the term “soul gazing”? Soul gazing is based on the idea that gazing into another person's eyes allows you to bathe in the waters of their Soul.
Set aside “us time each day
Sometimes life is simply too hectic to devote the time and effort necessary to maintain a relationship. Setting out time each day from your busy schedule to sit with your partner solely is one of the simplest things you can do. Even watching a movie on the couch in each other's arms is a terrific approach to start building your spiritual connection.
Explore what spiritual lessons your partner is teaching you
Your partner's actions, words, and ideas can teach you a lot, even if it isn't done knowingly. Learning how to spiritually grow spiritually in your relationship is the key to having a spiritual connection. What are you learning from your partner? Remember that our partners are often aware of our “blind spots” and can thus disclose a lot about us, even if unintentionally.
The importance of physical touch in establishing a spiritual connection cannot be overstated. The delicate energy communicated through touch is extremely binding, since it aids in the development of a stronger bond with your partner. Physical touch is relaxing and comforting, and it may often say more than words can.
Have meaningful conversations
What's on your mind? What is something that means a lot to you and that you'd like to share with someone? What kind of revelations have you had? Begin a conversation with your partner. During our morning walks, I prefer to have meaningful chats with Luna. Share whatever is on your mind and make it a habit to do so at a regular time and place.
Find ways to laugh together
Laughter instantly expands the heart and strengthens your spiritual connection. Learn to laugh lightheartedly at yourself, your partner, and together with each other. Even just watching humorous movies together can strengthen your relationship.
Openly communicate your feelings
The majority of estranged relationships are characterised by a lack of open communication. The capacity to share your opinions and feelings honestly while respecting the other person is known as open communication. Marshall Rosenberg, a psychologist, refers to this as “nonviolent communication” (I recommend that you read his book for more guidance). Express your feelings to them when you are wounded, angry, lonely, or any other emotion. Make no assumptions about your partner's ability to read your thinking. An honest relationship built on mutual caring, respect, and love requires open communication about how you feel.
What is spiritual intimacy?
- “The feeling of freedom that you can connect at any time and in any way about spiritual things or issues is the foundation for a lasting marriage…..the it's feeling of freedom that you can connect at any moment and in any way about spiritual matters or difficulties.” There's no need to tread carefully when it comes to discussing or asking a question. You spend your lives with the assurance that you are spiritually related.” Les and Leslie Parrott's “Becoming Soul Mates” (pp. 164).
- “We make a conscious effort to share some spiritual subject that has to do with a family difficulty, a book we've been reading, a sermon we're working on, a Bible study class, or even political topics….
- The idea is that we don't go a day without talking about the greater spiritual picture of life as a couple.” (From Les and Leslie Parrott's “Becoming Soul Mates,” p. 176).
- Spiritual intimacy is defined as sharing your spirituality with your partner (spiritual disclosure) and listening to your partner's spiritual disclosures in a supportive and non-judgmental manner (spiritual support).
- Social scientists are only now beginning to investigate spiritual closeness. We asked men and wives to answer four questions about their own spiritually intimate behavior and four questions about their spouse's spiritually intimate behavior for our transition to motherhood study. See all 8 items in the gallery below. We averaged a couple's responses regarding the husband to come up with a total score for spiritually closeness. We also added items about the woman together to get a total score on her spiritual intimacy.
- My spiritual side is something I tend to keep private and distinct from my marriage. (Scored backwards)
- When my partner talks about spirituality, I try not to be judgemental or critical.
- When my partner expresses spiritual concerns or challenges, I strive to be sympathetic.
- My partner does not share his or her spiritual beliefs or feelings with me. (Scored backwards)
- When I communicate about my spiritual needs, thoughts, and feelings, my husband actually listens.
- When I tell my partner about my spiritual issues or challenges, he or she is supportive.
- Note that partners can have similar or dissimilar spiritual or religious identities and nonetheless engage in spiritual closeness with one another. Our method of determining spiritual connection does not necessitate spiritual or religious equivalence between spouses. Higher religious mutual involvement, on the other hand, is associated with greater spiritual intimacy.
- Yes, better marital functioning is predicted by more spiritual connectedness between wives and husbands.
- Increased affection, humor, and warmth for one's spouse (self-reported, partner-reported & observed)
- Negativity and hatred toward spouse are reduced (self-reported, partner-reported & observed)
- More contentment with the marriage (self-reported, partner-reported & observed)
- The less critical or angry both acted during videotaped marital exchanges from the time they were pregnant to when their first infant was a year old, the more couples felt each spouse engaged in spiritually intimate behavior. During observed marital interactions, higher spiritual closeness predicted that both wives and husbands would show more warmth, humor, and affection toward the spouse. Furthermore, higher spiritual intimacy predicted spouses' perceptions of their sentiments of love for each other, better communication skills in everyday life at home, and greater happiness with the marriage when they transitioned to motherhood. Because both direct observation of marital interactions and couples' self-reports of marital quality were used, these findings are significant. Longitudinal data was also utilized.
- The benefits of spiritual intimacy that we discovered could not be explained away by stable qualities of the spouses, such as personality traits, money, education, or their efforts to impress researchers. After controlling for stable, positive traits of the spouses, the percentage of husbands and wives who stated both partners had good communication skills did not predict how well each parent treated the other during conflictual discussions.
- To explain these findings, we propose that couples who share a strong spiritual bond are more likely to stay kind and resist the impulse to “go negative” when discussing their primary difficulties. In other words, when couples are dissatisfied with each other, they may need a strong incentive to stay civil and engaged, such as sustaining their spiritual connectedness. When you and your partner engage into painful debates about your core issues, the risk of losing your connection to your soul mate may inspire you to resist the impulse to try to win a battle. As a result, spiritual closeness is identified while one resource that may encourage new parents to keep and defend their marriage as they cope with the pressures of being first-time parents together, according to this study.
What has been discovered previously about Spiritual Disclosure, which is a component of Spiritual Intimacy?
- When two people openly communicate their spiritual journeys, questions, and doubts with one another, this is referred to as spiritual disclosure. Greater use of collaborative approaches to settle conflict has been linked to greater communication about spiritual concerns between college students and their mothers (Brelsford & Mahoney, 2008) or fathers (Brelsford, 2009). Even after controlling for how much the college student and parent talked other sensitive matters with each other (e.g., politics, alcohol or drug usage), and how important religion or spirituality was to each side, these relationships persisted.
- G. M. Brelsford, G. M. Brelsford, G. M. Brels (2010). Spirituality between college students and their fathers. 21, 27-48 in Research in the Social Scientific Study of Religion.
- G. M. Brelsford and A. Mahoney (2008). Between older teenagers and their mothers, there occurs a spiritual unveiling. 62-70 in Journal of Family Psychology.
What is a spiritual attraction?
Spiritual attraction is a type of attraction that is based on valuing a person's opinions, emotional and mental reliance, valuing their existence more than others (non-obsessively), desiring partnership or guide-like relationships, spiritual bonding, exclusively doing things together, friendship, possible familial bonds, possible physical affection, performing spiritual practices together, fascination, and interest in their persona. It is predicated on the concept or sense that such a connection is “destined,” or that the object of such attraction had a “past life” relationship with the individual. It can be utilized as a subcategory of social attraction in some instances, such as desiring a mentor-student relationship with someone who has a deep spirituality. A spirit or soul crush is a spiritual attraction crush.
What does a soul connection feel like?
When two people feel they are connected on a soul level in a substantial or unusual way, they are said to have made a soul connection. It's the feeling that your connection is bigger than the earth plane, that something bigger brought you together or is at work than the practical specifics of your relationship, such being coworkers or lovers. You might have a sense that you've known each other in a previous life or that your souls decided to meet now before this one.
Tess Whitehurst, spiritual teacher and bestselling author, tells mbg, “When I hear the word'soul mate,' it often appears to connote exclusivity.” Whitehurst, who has been in a love relationship for 20 years with the same spouse, believes the contrary is true: “We have multiple soul mates.” We're all connected on a soul level since we're all part of a common humanity or spiritual consciousness.
How do you know whether you've found your soul mate? Let's take a look at different forms of soul connections, keeping in mind that there may be some overlap. In a variety of ways, someone could be your soul mate.
How do you recognize a spiritual person?
The first evidence of a spiritual person is their lack of fear. When you have a fear or a chronic worry, that fear takes over your life and you are unable to be in the present moment. Fear of public speaking, fear of heights, and fear of bugs are the three most common fears among Americans. Many people, however, are terrified of death, rejection, loneliness, failure, illness, or making poor judgments. Spiritual people understand how to yield to forces beyond their control. In this way, they are similar to children in that they know how to ignore their minds and live fearlessly.
Is love spiritual or physical?
As a result, love is both physical and spiritual. Both physical and spiritual love exist. Physical love is merely a biological desire that is conditional, whereas spiritual love is divine and is unaffected by circumstances. As a result, spiritual love is inherently unconditional.