A one and a two make up the number twelve. The number one is associated with independence, individuality, initiation, and new beginnings in numerology. The second point is all about patience and sensitivity. The number 12 has the numerology of three (1+2=3), which highlights one's ego, sentiments, and connections.
Before You Continue...
Do you know what is your soul number? Take this quick quiz to find out! Get a personalized numerology report, and discover how you can unlock your fullest spiritual potential. Start the quiz now!
Why is 12 such a powerful number?
Twelve is a composite number, meaning it is the smallest number with exactly six divisors: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 12. The following number, twenty-four, is also a highly composite number.
The least abundant number is twelve, because it is the smallest integer whose total of proper divisors (1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 6 = 16) is greater than itself. Twelve is a magnificent number, meaning it has an infinite number of divisors and the sum of its divisors is likewise infinite. 12 is a semiperfect number because there is a subset of 12's appropriate divisors that add up to 12 (all of them except 4).
There are at least twelve different prime elements in an odd perfect number of the form 12k + 1.
A dodecagon is a polygon with twelve sides. A dodecahedron is a polyhedron with twelve faces. There are 12 edges on regular cubes and octahedrons, and 12 vertices on regular icosahedrons. The number twelve is pentagonal. Each sphere touches 12 others in the densest three-dimensional lattice sphere packing, and this is virtually definitely true for every arrangement of spheres (the Kepler conjecture). In three dimensions, the number twelve is also the kissing number.
The smallest weight for which a cusp shape occurs is twelve. The discriminant (q) is a cusp form whose Fourier coefficients are determined by the Ramanujan formula.
Is number 12 a good number?
- If something noteworthy occurs today, remembering the exact date will be a breeze.
- There will be a large number of weddings today for this and other reasons, so love will be evident everywhere. It's mostly good karma.
- The number 12 is like a balanced marriage, according to one of the Vegas wedding chapels that people are flocking to today: “This is a very balanced number because of the ‘go-getting' 1 and the'sensitive' 2. The vibration of 1 is that of ‘new beginnings' and re-starting things. The 2 vibration is about seeking ‘balance' and it's certainly something that many people battle with – balancing the financial balance, balancing the food and beverage consumption, balancing the emotions … balancing in every manner.”
- It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! A triple date will not occur again until January 1, 2101. So why not embrace the spirit and take a chance you'll never get another chance at? For example, ask out that cute barista or confess your emotions for a long-time buddy.
- The number 12 reflects the balance of yin and yang: One is a yang number in Chinese numerology, ruled by the sun and symbolizes freedom and individualism. Two is a yin number that represents symmetry and balance and is ruled by the moon. Harmony is found in the number 12.
- Take a hint from this 12/12/12 bride, who claims that the number 12 is akin to a clock's reset, and therefore a new beginning in her love life.
- There's a mix of masculine and feminine elements: Glo MSN is a service that allows you to communicate with people all over the world “In Western numerology, certain personality attributes are associated with numbers: the masculine one is self-sufficient and driven, while the feminine two is a true partner. They constitute an invincible pair when they work together.”
- It brings us full circle. Twelve is the number of completion in numerology. December, being the twelfth and final month of the year, marks the conclusion of one cycle and the start of another, with night or day commencing every twelve hours.
- It's just beautiful. Twelve is a sublime number for math nerds, as it is “a number with a perfect number of divisors, and the sum of its divisors is also a perfect number.” Hopefully, the sublime will rub off on your romantic life, but the number twelve also serves as a reminder not to anticipate perfection. “12 is a semiperfect number because there is a subset of 12's proper divisors that add up to 12 (all of them except 4).” On 12/12/12, I'd take a semiperfect relationship over a perfect one any day.
- It has an otherworldly and celestial quality to it: the number twelve is connected with the skies (12 months, 12 zodiac signs, 12 stations of the moon and the sun). It's the result of the sacred and the secular coming together (3 X 4). It's a word that appears frequently in the Bible (the number of apostles, the Tribes of Israel, etc.).
- Even numbers are considered auspicious in general since it is thought that good fortune occurs in pairs. So, with 12/12/12, you're getting a triple dosage of good fortune! (However, would the fact that an even number is repeated an uneven number of times nullify the good fortune? Now my head hurts.)
- You're not convinced? Have you been dumped today, or have you had any other romantic misfortune? DOUGHNUTS ARE ALSO SOLD BY THE DOZEN, which is fortunate.
Do you believe in the power of numbers? How about you, what's yours? Is there anything spectacular planned for 12/12/12?
Is the number 12 a lucky number?
When it comes to numbers, some superstitious people feel that even numbers are unfortunate, whereas odd numbers are considered lucky, making them a good choice for gamblers. While the reasoning behind this story is unclear, it's possible that even numbers are unlucky simply because they are divisible, which weakens or lowers their power. Odd numbers can't be lowered in this way, thus they're more powerful and stronger than even numbers. This belief even applies to money: some people feel that tearing the corner off a two-dollar bill, giving it an irregular, three-sided edge, is a good idea just in case.
: Lucky 12
Similarly to how 13 is regarded as one of the unluckiest of all numbers, 12 is seen as a rare lucky number that also happens to be even. The roots of this superstition are unknown, but some accounts claim that the number 12 is considered lucky merely because it is easily divisible. It's easy to divide such a small number into halves, quarters, or thirds. Others believe that the number 12 brings good luck merely because it is so near to the extremely unlucky number 13. Of course, some people believe 13 is unlucky merely because it is so indivisible, especially when compared to the neatly divided 12. This debate easily devolves into a chicken-or-egg scenario, but that doesn't change the fact that the number 12 is associated with good fortune.
: Lucky Three
For a variety of reasons, the number three is considered lucky. The fact that a man and a woman a unit of two might become a unit of three through the birth of a child endows the number three with a certain allure all across the world. The figure is also linked to the Holy Trinity, which can be found in many world religions in various forms. There's the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in Christianity; Hinduism has its own Holy Trinity; Islam has three major holy places; and certain pagan traditions honor the Earth's trinity of land, sea, and air. The enchantment connected with the number three has given rise to proverbs such as “third time lucky” and “third time's a charm,” both of which imply that two failures will be followed by success on the third try.
: Or Not
Of course, three isn't all rainbows and sunshine. Some people link the number with terrible things, such as the belief that bad things come in threes. Many people believe that things break in threes, so if you break something around the house, you should immediately break two more minor things to avoid accidently destroying something more expensive down the line. This concept has been expanded to include the notion that celebrities die in groups of three or that smoking three cigarettes with a single match will result in death. One theory for this phenomena is that humans invented the rule of three as a way to artificially terminate an unpleasant experience; if you know you'll only break three things or only three celebrities would die in a row, you can better manage unfavorable events – at least in your mind.
: Number Nine
In most parts of the world, the number nine is considered particularly auspicious since it is three times the magical number three, which has a positive connotation due to its link with the Holy Trinity. That's why someone who is having a terrific day is considered to be on cloud nine, and someone who is dressed to the nines is someone who is looking exceptionally handsome. The power of nine was also exploited to benefit the cat-o'-nine-tails, a harsh whip used to punish wayward sailors. Many believed that when the device was employed as a punishment, the nine tails would work their magic on the offender, changing him into a good sailor.
Despite the good fortune connected with this number, the Japanese dislike it since their word for nine sounds somewhat like their word for torture or agony.
: Counting Superstitions
Forget about particular numbers; the act of counting itself is riddled with superstitions, both positive and negative. According to one folk treatment, counting the number of warts on your body and telling a stranger the number will make the warts disappear. Of course, counting money, children, or things is not a good idea because it can cause them to vanish. The same can be said for animals (such as counting chickens before they hatch), fish, and gambling profits. Some superstitious people believe that weighing newborns at birth, as well as counting the stones in historical structures, brings bad luck.
Is 12 a lucky number in China?
People in Chinese culture think that fortunate numbers will bring them good fortune and luck. As a result, it is critical for Chinese people to select a suitable number for essential objects such as wedding dates, moving-in dates, license plate numbers, phone numbers, and so on.
Most Chinese people consider the numbers 8, 2, 6, and 9 to be lucky numbers. Combinations of the foregoing, such as 66, 88, and 168, are also considered lucky numbers.
Number 8 â the Luckiest Number in China
Because the number ‘8' is associated with prosperity in China, it is seen to be the luckiest number. In Chinese, ‘eight' («) is pronounced ba and sounds close to fa (, traditional character: ç1/4), as in facai (è), which means ‘well-off' or ‘becoming rich quickly.'
What are angel numbers?
Angel numbers are a recurring series of three or four numbers that emerge in seemingly random places throughout your life to send a spiritual or divine message, according to numerology.
Why is 12 a magic number?
The average person has ten fingers and toes. They've been utilized to count in addition to their balancing and grasping functions. As a result, the most common numbering system is based on ten. The metric system of measurement is similarly based on 10. It is widely used in science and in many regions of the world. People frequently make lists of up to ten items. David Letterman creates jokes based on his Top 10 lists every night. Time is frequently measured in tenths of a century, with census counts every ten years. We also use centuries and millennia all powers of ten to measure time. For public prayer in the Jewish religion, ten people (known as a Minyan) are necessary. When considering expected increases, we frequently consider 10% to be the “no-brainer” de facto percentage increase. And, if something increases (decreases) by 10% or more, we call it “double digits” and consider it “important” (decrease). Anything that grows at a 10% yearly pace will double in 7.2 years, according to the Law (or Rule) of 72.
Twelve became a significant number for mathematicians and astronomers in early civilization. Twelve is divisible by 2, 3, 4, and 6, as well as by itself and one. That's two more numbers than can be evenly divided by ten. A year, or the average time it takes the Earth to complete one cycle around the Sun, is split into 12 months by astronomers. During the spring and fall equinoxes, days (the time it takes the Earth to complete one revolution) were divided into 24 hours, with two distinct halves (day and night) lasting around 12 hours each.
What are the 3 lucky numbers?
The fortunate numbers are those that have a somewhat positive impact on one's life (with respect to the belief of that person). The fortunate numbers are offered based on the person's name, date of birth, and other factors.
1, 3, 7, 9, 13, 15, 21, 25, 31, 33, 37, 43, 49, 51, 63, 67, 69, 73, 75, 79, 87, 93, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99, 99
- Because the Chinese word for “eight” sounds like the word for “wealth,” the number 8 is considered auspicious in Chinese culture.
- The number five is intriguing since it appears frequently in nature. Each hand has five fingers and five senses (seeing, smell, taste, touch, and hearing). Some intriguing species, such as starfish, have five-fold symmetry, which means they can be rotated five times and still look the same.
- Another fascinating number is seven. Only one of the ancient world's seven wonders, extraordinary man-made monuments, survives today: the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt. In music, a harmonic octave consists of seven distinct notes. Light has seven natural colors, seven skies, seven seas, and seven days in a week.
- 8 is a lucky number in many far eastern civilizations, to the point of obsession. Because the Chinese word for “eight” sounds like the word for “wealth,” the number 8 is considered auspicious in Chinese culture.
- In Chinese culture, nine is regarded as a lucky number since it sounds similar to the term “persistent.” The total of all the digits in a group is nine.
- 666 Six hundred and sixty-six is a fascinating figure. In Western culture, it is exceedingly bad luck, yet in many Asian traditions, it is incredibly good luck. As everyone knows, 666 is the number of the beast in the Christian bible and is associated with Satan.
- The number 666, closely followed by the number 13, may be the most feared number in Western society. However, in Asian cultures, the pronunciation of 666 is strikingly similar to the phrase, “Things are going well,” and this is regarded as extremely fortunate.
What is unlucky number in India?
Number 17 is considered unlucky by Indians because it adds up to number 8 (1+7=8), which is ruled by Saturn (Sani).
People born on the 17th of any month are known to battle with a variety of issues throughout their lives.
Saturn only offers a pleasant result after a great deal of suffering. People born on the 8th and 26th days of the month face delays in matters such as marriage, employment, and motherhood.
Because the Roman numeral for 17 is XVII, Italians believe that number 17 should be avoided at all costs. In Latin, this creates the term VIXI, which signifies “my life is over” (suicide).
This is avoided on license plates, as well as the last digits of phone numbers and hotel room numbers (few countries).
Number 39 is considered unlucky in Afghanistan. This number has been linked to a number of unfortunate situations in that country in the past.
In traditional Afghani language, it also means morda gow, which translates to “dead cow.”
Tetraphobia and Number 4
The behavior of avoiding the number 4 is known as tetraphobia. It is a popular superstition in East Asian countries.
This may be seen in Chinese elevators, where the buttons for the 4th, 13th, 14th, and 24th levels are missing!
Nokia, Samsung, Sony, and other phone manufacturers have opted out of the 4th series. For example, instead of the Sony Xperia Z4, the Sony Xperia Z3+ was introduced!
The number 13 is avoided by Americans. Elevators and rooms are numbered 11, 12, 12A, 14… instead of 11, 12, 13, 14… in parsi culture.
Tsunami on December 26, 2004, terrorist attack on Mumbai Taj Hotel on November 26, 2008 are only a couple of examples.
More Bad or Unlucky Numbers in Numerology
The numbers 18, 36, 38, 44, 47, 62, 63, 71, 74, 81, and 89 are also bad when used as names totals for people, corporations, and places. (See Numerocartography or Numerogeography for further information.)