The symbolic use of numbers throughout the Bible, such as the three in God's triune essence, is known as Bible numerology.
Before You Continue...
Do you know what is your soul number? Take this quick quiz to find out! Get a personalized numerology report, and discover how you can unlock your fullest spiritual potential. Start the quiz now!
The quadriga, or four tiers of interpretation, were acknowledged by the early church. They are as follows:
In this sense, numerals are frequently utilized symbolically in Bible scriptures to expose the truth. Understanding the numbers can help you become more aware of the divine perfection of God's word in your Christian life.
Is numerology mentioned in the Bible?
- It's a three-and-a-half. A shattered seven or a symbolic week “arrested in the middle of its regular course.” The most famous example is seen in Dan. 12:7, where “a time, two times, and half a time” or “time, times, and a half” represents a length of time during which the fourth beast persecutes God's people. It roughly corresponds to Antiochus IV Epiphanes' desecration of the temple (167-164 BC). Three and a half also refers to the amount of time the Temple is dedicated to pagan worship, according to Jewish sources (Dan. 7:25; 2 Macc. 10:5; Test. of Levi 17:1). Other numerological values emerge from variations in the three and a half years. Three and a half years, for example, is equal to 42 months or 1,260 days. In the Bible, both 42 and 1,260 have numerological significance. The biblical three-and-a-half symbol may be derived from the Babylonian calendar.
- The numbers four and ten. It can be used to represent totality. The total number of digits found on humans is ten fingers and ten toes, therefore our Base 10 numerical system.
- Seven. It can be used to denote “completeness” or “perfection.” It could have been inspired by the fact that each of the primary lunar phases lasts about 7 days (7.4). The seven days of creation, and hence the seven days that make up a week, are examples, as are the seven lamps on the Temple Menorah. The use of the number six as a last signature in a series building to a seven is one variation on the use of seven in numerology (e.g. mankind is created on the sixth day in Genesis, out of the seven days of creation). It's also used to describe a value that's less than a seven. The number 666, for example, signifies the beast's depravity and its failure to reach the divinely flawless number of seven.
- Eight. It's sometimes used to describe a “new life,” “resurrection,” or a fresh start. On Noah's ark, there are eight people (2 Peter 2:5), circumcision occurs on the eighth day (Genesis 17:12), Jesus rose from the dead on the eighth day, and the eight thousandth year marks the end of the world (2 Enoch 33; Sibylline Oracles 1.280-81)
- Twelve. Reflects the 12 lunar months in a lunar year and denotes completion, and is frequently associated with God's people. The twelve tribes of Israel are represented by the twelve apostles chosen by Jesus.
- Forty. A generation or a complete period of time is shown. For 40 years, David and Solomon each ruled over all of Israel. Moses was 40 years old when he was exiled from Egypt; he returned 40 years later to lead the Hebrews out of captivity; he spent 40 days atop Mount Sinai; he spent 40 years walking in the wilderness with the Hebrews; and so on. David killed Goliath after a 40-day battle with the Israelites. For 40 days, Jesus was tempted by Satan in the desert. Before his ascension, Jesus stayed in Jerusalem and Galilee for 40 days.
- Seventy. A value used across the ancient Near East to represent a larger group, usually a group of people.
What is the numerology of Jesus?
The number 888 is frequently used in the international labor movement to represent the eight-hour workday. Workers demanded 8 hours of labor, 8 hours of rest, and 8 hours of personal time.
The number 888 is commonly associated with Jesus, or more specifically Christ the Redeemer, in Christian numerology. This representation can be justified using gematria, which involves counting the letter values of the Greek transcription of Jesus' name, or as a counter-value to 666, the Beast's number. The Church father Irenaeus criticized the numerological portrayal of Jesus with the number 888, as the sum of the numerical values of the letters in his name, as complicated and an act that reduced “the Lord of all things” to something alphabetical.
As a manner of strengthening the digit 8, 888 in Chinese numerology usually symbolizes triple wealth. The number 8 is frequently connected with tremendous success, wealth, and spiritual enlightenment on its own. As a result, 888 is regarded as triple. As a result, addresses and phone numbers beginning with the numerical sequence 888 are thought to be exceptionally lucky, and may attract a higher price as a result.
What is the meaning of numbers in the Bible?
The fourth book of the Bible is Numbers, Hebrew Bemidbar (“In the Wilderness”), commonly known as The Fourth Book Of Moses. The book is essentially a religious history of the Israelites as they wandered in the desert after leaving Sinai and before settling in Canaan, the Promised Land.
What is the significance of the number 11 in the Bible?
Some believe the biblical meaning of 11 is linked to things that are defective, disorganized systems, and disorder or chaos. The number 11 is associated with higher ideals in numerology.
What the number 30 means biblically?
The number thirty can also symbolise Jesus Christ's sacrificial death. In the year AD 30, it is widely assumed that Jesus was crucified. Judas had betrayed Jesus for thirty silver pennies prior to his death (Matthew 26:15), which Judas tried to return after he realized he was condemned (27:3).
What does number 40 mean in the Bible?
- Jesus fasted in the Judean desert for “forty days and forty nights” before being tempted (Matthew 4:2, Mark 1:13, Luke 4:2).
- Between Jesus' resurrection and ascension, there was a forty-day interval (Acts 1:3).
- Moses' life, according to Stephen, is divided into three 40-year periods, separated by his maturation, exodus from Egypt, and return to lead his people out (Acts 7:23,30,36).
- Lent is the 40-day period preceding Easter in modern Christian practice. Sundays are excluded from the count in much of Western Christianity (there are 46 days in total of Lent); Sundays are included in Eastern Christianity.
What is the holy number of God?
The natural number 777 (seven hundredseventy-seven) comes after 776 and before 778. In a variety of religious and political situations, the number 777 is significant.
What does 777 Angel number mean?
The sign of receiving Divine Guidance is the highly spiritual Angle Number 777. That means it's time for you to be rewarded for your achievements. Angel Number 777 indicates that you should follow your guardian angels. Repeatedly Seeing the Angel Number 777 indicates that you are on the right track to attaining your goals.