If your soul has mastered all of the numbers 1-9, it will move on to the master numbers 11, 22, and 33. These numbers have more vitality and a spiritual connection, but they are also very tough to master in life and come with a lot of responsibility.
Before You Continue...
Do you know what is your soul number? Take this quick quiz to find out! Get a personalized numerology report, and discover how you can unlock your fullest spiritual potential. Start the quiz now!
How do you calculate your soul number?
In numerology, different numbers have distinct meanings. The Soul Urge Number, also known as the Heart Desire Number, is one of the numbers. A Soul Urge Number is a number that indicates a person's intrinsic qualities from the heart. So, if you know a person's Soul Urge Number, you may better judge him or her before entering into any connection with him or dealing with him in your daily life.
The name of a person is used to compute the Soul Urge Number. The Soul Urge Number is calculated using all of the vowels (a e I o u) in the person's name.
Let's look at an example of a name, like Pankaj Kumar, and see how many vowels are present.
The numbers given to each alphabet in the Chaldean system of numerology are listed in the table below.
Material possessions don't matter much to you
While you certainly have a few prized goods, you don't equate happiness with money or possessions.
Rather of pursuing wealth, you simply aspire to have enough money to fulfill your basic necessities, plus a little extra for savings or emergencies.
Rather than upgrading technology on a regular basis or remodeling your home on the spur of the moment, you're more inclined to keep items for as long as they endure.
Keeping up with current fashion trends may not be important to you since you value intangibles such as knowledge, compassion, and peace.
(Want to see EXACTLY what your true soulmate looks like? Get a psychic drawing done for you by professional psychic artists! Click here and see for yourself!)
You focus on meaningful connections
Small social circles are common among old souls and other sensitive folks. Your circle of friends could be made up of people of all ages, from various backgrounds and life experiences.
Old souls are known for their keen intuition, so you might have a flair for predicting who will make a good companion.
You probably found it difficult to relate to individuals your own age as a child and were more drawn to persons older than you. You may have wished for greater substance in your interactions, but your classmates may have thought you were awkward or stuck-up. Maybe you've even been teased.
You may not have had much time for play if you had a challenging home environment, especially if you had to take on a more mature position in your household.
This would have made finding common ground with peers even more challenging, so you probably learnt to value relationships with people who seemed to understand you.
You need a lot of time alone
People with older souls are more sensitive to other people's emotions and the environment. Higher sensitivity often implies you'll need more alone time to recover from the constant assault of emotions.
Generally speaking, you like to observe rather than interact. When school or job necessitates group engagement, you might position yourself on the periphery to avoid being overwhelmed by other people's noise both the audible and emotional “noise” you absorb.
You have lots of leisure for artistic endeavors, daydreaming, and quiet reflection.
(Watch this FREE VIDEO to learn the secret “energy switch” that unlocks unlimited wealth, love and abundance)
Many elderly people are voracious readers. You might find that stories from other locations and times appeal to you the most, to the point where you can nearly see yourself as a participant in them.
Others may perceive you as aloof, distracted, or out of touch with reality.
You have high empathy
The ability to think about and feel what others are going through can give you a sense of maturity and gravity. At the same hand, being aware of other people's grief can place a burden on your shoulders that can be difficult to shift.
Increased sensitivity might make conflict more difficult to resolve, making you want to isolate yourself and spend time in nature or other serene, quiet locations.
You spend a lot of time thinking about how to make a difference
Old souls are more likely to consider in terms of the big picture than than the intricacies. You realize you won't be able to alter the world on your own, so you concentrate on making improvements where you can.
Your drive to help others can make the more transient aspects of life appear less essential.
In other words, you float along, mostly untouched by the ups and downs of daily life.
You have a strong emotional bond with individuals you hold dear and may feel compelled to help them overcome difficulties.
So that your loved ones continue to seek your assistance, your intuition may lead you to share wisdom or beneficial problem-solving solutions.
People with aged souls are also more sensitive to the subtleties of human conduct. You may be more prone to believe in people' inherent worth and acknowledge their ability to change, regardless of their decisions.
What does How old is your soul mean?
Soul age is related to your earth plane progression and the number of lives you may have already lived, and it is directly related to the human personal and spiritual development experience you are currently undergoing.
Soul age does not always serve as a barometer for spiritual growth; this occurs at all soul ages.
Is soul number the same as life path number?
If you're familiar with astrology, you're probably aware that your zodiac sign does not define you. Other signs at work contribute to the wonderful you!
The same may be said of numerology. Your life path number corresponds to your Sun sign, or actual self, whereas your soul urge number, for example, corresponds to your Moon sign, or inner motivations.
What is a soul compulsion? Your heart's desire is also known as your soul urge number. According to numerology, both your soul urge and your heart's desire reveal your true motivation, ambitions, and wants.
What's the best way to figure out your soul urge number? The number values connected with your birth name are used to calculate a person's soul urge number. Your name has a numerical value for each letter.
What are the 3 luckiest numbers?
Primes who strike it rich 3, 7, 13, 31, 37, 43, 67, 73, 79, 127, 151, 163, 193, 211, 223, 241, 307, 331, 349, 367, 409, 421, 433, 463, 487, 541, 577, 601, 613, 619, 631, 643, 673, 727, 739, 769, 787, 823, 883, 937, 991, 997,
What is my Numerology by date of birth?
Essentially, take the numerical value of your date of birth, put all of the digits together per category (year, month, day), and keep adding each of the numbers together until you reach a single digit.
Consider the following scenario: Let's say you were born on July 3, 1995, or 7/3/1995. To begin, combine the year's digits together to reduce it to a single digit. 2+4 = 6, and 1+9+9+9+5 = 24. Because both the month and the day are already single digits in this example, we can now sum the two values: Six (for the year) plus three (for the day) plus seven (for the month) equals sixteen. Finally, as needed, add those digits together until you have a single digit: 1 + 6 Equals 7
Another example, this time with the date of birth of December 26, 1989. It's December 26th, 1989, thus 1+9+8+9 Equals 27, and 2+7 = 9. The month, 12, is reduced to 3 (1+2) and the day, 26, is reduced to 8 (2+6). As a result, 9+8+3 = 20. Finally, because 2+0 = 2, this individual's life-path number is 2.
So far, everything has been rather straightforward, but there is one complication: If one of your groups totals 11 or 22 during the calculating process, do not decrease those numbers to a single digit until the final reduction. That's because, according to numerology, 11 and 22 are “master numbers” with their own unique meanings. If you were born in November, for example, you were given a master number. The following is how someone born on November 2, 1960 would determine their number: 1+9+6+0 = 16, which can be simplified to 7 (1+6). As a result, 7+2+11 = 20 (which does not diminish!) and 2+0 = 2.
Have you worked out what your life path number is? Now you can simply type that number into the box below to learn everything that might possibly happen to you. (Almost.)
Matter and Form
- To respond to the question, Aristotle employs his well-known matter/form difference “What is soul?” you could wonder. He states at the start of De Anima II.1 that there are three types of substance:
- Aristotle is fascinated by living substances. Plants and animals are the only things with souls. Their souls are what give life to them.
- Because matter is defined by its shape, “This,” the soul is a living thing's form. (Not its shape, but its actuality, which is what makes it the kind of living entity it is.)
Grades of Actuality and Potentiality
- Aristotle makes a distinction between two levels of reality (entelecheia). He uses knowing and attending as instances of these two types of actuality at 412a11. (These are now referred to as first and second actuality, respectively.) He expands on one example and adds another: being sleeping vs. being awake, at 412a22-26. However, it is not until II.5 (417a22-30) that he clearly clarifies this crucial point.
- Aristotle states in 417a20 that there are various sorts of both potentiality and actuality.
- His example illustrates the various ways in which a person might be described as a knower.
- One could be described as a knower if he or she:
In sense (a), a knower is someone who has the potential to know something but not the actual knowledge. (Of course, not everything has this possibility.) A rock or an earthworm, for example, has no such potential.) Even if she is not thinking about it right now, a knower in sense (b) possesses some actual knowledge (for example, she may know that it is ungrammatical to say “with John and I”). A knower in sense (c) is actually using her knowledge (for example, when she hears “with John and I,” she thinks “that's ungrammatical”).
- It's worth noting that (b) encompasses both reality and potentiality. The knower in sense (b) knows something, but that knowledge is nothing more than a potentiality to think particular thoughts or to act in specific ways. As a result, we may describe our three knowers as follows:
- Here's another example (not from Aristotle) that can help you understand the difference.
A youngster can (learn to) speak French, unlike a rock or an earthworm. Even though he is silent at the present, a Frenchman (unlike a French child and unlike most Americans) can truly speak French. The prototypical case of a French speaker is, of course, someone who is actually speaking French.
- In his definition of the soul (412a27), Aristotle employs the concept of first actuality: “The soul is the first actuality of a natural body that has the potential for life.”
- Remember that first actuality is a type of potentialitythe ability to participate in the activity that corresponds to the second actuality. So the soul is a capacitybut to what end?
- The soul of a living thing is its ability to engage in actions that are typical of living beings of its species.
- What exactly are these pursuits? Some are in DA II.1, while others are in DA II.2:
- So anything that nourishes itself, grows, decays, moves (on its own, not only in response to something else's movement), perceives, or thinks is alive. And a thing's soul is made up of the capacities that allow it to perform these things. The soul is what is causally responsible for a living thing's animate activity (life activities).
Degrees of soul
- These are nested in the sense that everything with a higher level of soul possesses all of the lesser levels as well. All living creatures reproduce, grow, and nourish themselves. Animals not only accomplish this, but they also move and comprehend the world around them. Humans are capable of all of the above, as well as reasoning. (Within the various levels, there are more subdivisions that we shall ignore.)
Soul and Body
- Whether the soul can exist independently of the body was a significant topic for the ancient Greeks (and it still is for many people today). (Anyone who believes in personal immortality believes in the soul's independent existence.) Plato (as we know from the Phaedo) believed that the soul may exist in its own right. This is what Aristotle had to say about it: The soul neither exists in the absence of a body nor is a body of some kind. Because it is not a body, but it is a part of one, it is present in a body, and in a body of a certain type (414a20ff). So, while the soul is not a corporeal object, it is not detachable from the body, according to Aristotle. (Aristotle, on the other hand, waffles when it comes to the intellect.) (For more information, see DA III.4)
- There is no distinction between the inside and the outside. The soul is not an interior observer, having only sporadic touch with its own senses and other psychological states, and must infer the presence of a body and a “external” universe.
In Aristotle's view, there is no concept of the private of experience, the incorrigibility of the mental, and so on.
- The soul does not exist as a separate entity. It is more directly linked to the body: it is the body's form, not a distinct substance within another material (a body) of a different kind. It is acapacity, not the capacity of something.
As a result, it is not a separate soul. (On Aristotle's account, the only thing that can be separated from the body is pure thought devoid of personality.)
- Personal identity and individuality have little to do with the soul. There is no reason to believe that one (human) soul differs from another (human) soul in any significant way. A human being's shape is identical to that of any other human being.
In this view, there is just one soul, not multiple souls. Because we are diverse persons, we have various spirits. However, we are distinct human beings because we are made up of varied combinations of form and matter. That is, separate bodies with the same set of capabilities, the same (sort of)soul.
Are old souls rare?
Because old spirits are uncommon, they don't cross paths every day of the week. As a result, when they do meet, there is an instantaneous sense of genuine connection. The best thing about being an ancient soul is that when you do meet your people, the friendships you create are likely to endure a lifetime.
Are old souls introverts?
Because they frequently embrace unique beliefs and standards of living, old souls can be perceived as weird people. They frequently feel cut off from themselves and the “real world” since things like accumulating big riches, possessing a large number of expensive belongings, and other aspects of a materialistic lifestyle aren't really appealing to them. Most individuals may find this strange in a world fueled by consumerism. It might be difficult to feel like someone fully knows you and your motivations in life when you have different expectations and views about live.
People don't understand how easygoing and forgiving you can be at times.
Old souls have a philosophical outlook on life and see things from a wider perspective. What exactly does this imply? When troubles emerge and old spirits are forced to face huge obstacles, they recognize that even the most difficult times in life provide opportunities to learn and grow.
You can be inhibited by the way you view life.
As you grow in self-awareness, you'll be able to more clearly identify your beliefs about life and the world. The trouble with old souls is that they can frequently perceive a wide range of choices within the spectrum of life, and instead of allowing them to choose whatever path they believe is best for them, the freedom they've built might actually limit them.
Making decisions based off of a “feeling can seem illogical.
Old souls consciously seek to get in-tune with the way their bodies communicate with them because intuition is a delicate, sophisticated language. The gut instinct is the most basic level of bodily intuition, communicating through yes/no, safe/unsafe signals. When it comes to making decisions regarding people and relationships, both personal and professional, we use this the most. When you tell someone you just “have a feeling” about something or someone, other people may not understand why.
You can be seen as a loner.
In all facets of life, old souls seek long-lasting, profound, and meaningful partnerships. They'd rather have a few close pals than a slew of new acquaintances, yet this can create the appearance that they're a social outsider. Old souls, like introverts, prefer to spend their social energy on people with whom they can have meaningful conversations, and they despise being encouraged to mingle or make new friends.
You're unsure if you'll ever find your home.
One of the most common issues with being an ancient soul is the difficulty to ever truly feel at home with others. It might be difficult for old souls to feel at home in this world, whether they travel much or have lived in the same area their entire lives. They're always looking for like-minded people and a place to call home.
The desire for solitude can impact your relationships.
Being an elderly person can be isolated at times. You need your alone time to ponder on life and recover when you're fully weary, yet this might be annoying to your friends and family at times. They adore you and want to be in your company. When they really want you to hang out with them and you'd rather be at home reading a book, this might cause problems unless they pull their energy from themselves and recognize the need to be alone from time to time.
Your idea of fun is different than others.
Old souls enjoy modest pleasures in life, and they are naturally drawn to things that are a little out of the ordinary. You enjoy taking weekend drives across the country, going to the 24-hour diner on the other side of town with the best breakfast within a 50-mile radius at midnight, getting milkshakes and watching the sunset over the pier, and spending the evening writing hand-written letters to your friends who live across the country. The issue is locating other folks who enjoy the same kinds of old-school games.
You learn the brutal realities of romanticizing life and love.
Old souls have a romantic view of the world, and when it fails to meet their expectations, they can be emotionally affected. Although old souls are idealistic, they gradually learn to see things from a more realistic perspective.
You find it hard to disengage in conversation with strangers.
Something about elderly souls makes people want to approach them and chat to them. It's as if you're sitting on a train or a bench somewhere, and someone sits down next to you, and you know their entire life story in 20 minutes. Others are drawn to speak with you, but it might be tough to reject them or withdraw from the conversation because you feel obligated to be a sounding board for this stranger who felt forced to communicate with you.
Why do old souls suffer?
1. Wisdom comes with a hefty price tag. And that experience comes at a cost.
2. Old souls are frequently born into families where they are misunderstood. Of course, this is a fantastic learning tool (and really, only fellow old souls would truly ‘understand' each other), but it makes for a difficult childhood. Those formative years then have a far greater impact on their adult relationships than most people believe.
3. They're sympathetic, which means they're frequently alone “absorbing” the suffering of others. Old souls are healers, and they don't always know where to draw the line between what they should take on and what they shouldn't.
4. They're more self-aware by nature. While this is generally a beneficial thing, it can be cripplingly restrictive in other situations. People who are more aware of their strengths are also more aware of their flaws, as well as how others perceive those flaws.
5. They are overly critical of themselves. In many ways, old souls are aware of their genuine selves their highest selves and all else feels insignificant in contrast “I've failed.”
6. They are more aware of their feelings. While this increases their ability to be intuitive, inspired, loving, caring, and attentive, it also increases their ability to become unhappy, angry, fearful, or paranoid.
7. It's tough for them to decide whether “being” or “becoming” is preferable. They understand that life is about love, relationships, and personal development, but it's also about self-creation, overcoming hurdles, and enduring. Ironically, it is the ancient souls that are most prone to being overworkers, almost feeling bad if they do not expend all of the energy they have.
8. They find it easier to make social comparisons. They become more aware of how people judge, rate, and give/take affection from one another as they get a greater understanding of the human condition.
9. Being conscious of love does not make you fearless (or pain). Though elder souls have an easier time seeing the larger picture, finding their center, believing in peace, and having a sensible head on their shoulders, they are nevertheless vulnerable to all of life's suffering (and the subsequent fear that develops from having painful experiences).
10. They are continually challenged to develop. In theory, it's a beautiful thing. In practice, it's a challenge.
11. They accept personal accountability for their actions. Playing the victim is counterproductive, but it helps relieve emotional stress, which is why people do it.
12. Old spirits are frequently one-of-a-kind, or “I'm in the limelight.” As a result, they are frequently outcast or at the very least singled out. People who are less conditioned by society and more expressive of who they truly are are more likely to be judged and hated. Other ancient souls who conduct therapeutic or artistic work do the same to increase their visibility. Of course, this is their life's purpose – but it doesn't make it any easier to stomach.
13. Finding love is more difficult for them. There are a variety of causes for this, the most common of which being attracting people who want healing rather than a companion; or simply having too much on your plate “They have “development work” to do in order to find their “forever person.”
14. It's hard for them to overlook the world's catastrophe. While this causes them to become the very ones who fight to change it all, it's tough not to feel powerless in the meanwhile “Other people's grief is “turned off.”
15. Old souls are notorious for being too ambitious. They are aware of their boundless potential and might be harsh on themselves if they do not achieve what they desire and know they are capable of.
16. They still have karma to deal with. As a result of having lived longer, they have more to resolve, amend for, develop from, or experience.
17. They may find it difficult to distinguish when their strong sentiments about something are justified “When they are afraid, they use their “intuition.” They're aware of their near-psychic levels of awareness, but unless they know how to develop it and work through their powerful emotions in a healthy, productive way, they'll often hold back out of fear that they believe is true.