5. Feeling helpless and overwhelmed. Are you feeling helpless in the face of adversity? That could indicate that you're being targeted. Circumstance is made up of two words: circum (circle) and stance (stance) (stand). To put it another way, you're surrounded by what's going on. It doesn't take long for overwhelming feelings to turn into despondency. According to the Bible, “Hope that isn't realized makes the heart sick” (Prov. 13:12). It also informs us, “Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the proof of things unseen” (Heb. 11:1). If the enemy can persuade you to lose hope, he may persuade you to abandon your faith.
Before You Continue...
Do you know what is your soul number? Take this quick quiz to find out! Get a personalized numerology report, and discover how you can unlock your fullest spiritual potential. Start the quiz now!
6. Old habits and ways of life surface. Old transgressions begin to emerge in your life as the sixth indicator that you are under spiritual attack. What is the definition of iniquity? Some others define transgressions as old habits that your spirit desires to revert to when things aren't going your waythings that feed the flesh. If this starts to happen, don't ignore the Holy Spirit's warning conviction.
7. Distancing yourself from Godly relationships. When old sins entice you, the next symptom of spiritual attack is likely to be a withdrawal from godly relationships. Take a look around. Have you withdrawn from relationships with folks in your small group or at church? Are you finding that your buddies are becoming more and more carnally minded rather than spiritually focused? If that's the case, you're bumbling around the battlefield, and the adversary has you marked as a target.
a fifth “Breaking the Enemy's Attack with “Do Nots” Here are five things to do once you've established a stand against the enemy's attack “You must remember the “do nots.”
- Remember who created you. God made you to withstand storms. You've been equipped by Him, and you'll make it through with His help.
- Don't forget to pray at the right time and in the right place. A time of prayer and a place of prayer are both essential components of a good prayer life.
- Do not underestimate the power of collaboration. It's beneficial to be among those who have lived longer, accomplished more, and can provide sensible advice.
- Don't forget to stay connected to pastoral care. I've often witnessed folks who are being attacked and tried to aid them, but they refused. Don't wait until the enemy is tearing you apart to seek the help of those who serve in a pastoral capacity.
What is spiritual resting?
SPIRITUAL REST, according to Dalton Smith, is the ability to recognize God in all things and to relax in the knowledge of the Holy.
Understand that spiritual rest is less about organized religion and more about your own personal relationship with the world around you and your place in it for those of us who have a tumultuous relationship with religion.
A few spiritual activities that fulfill the spiritual rest requirement:
Affirmations operate by reaching deep into the core of your identity. Consider them cosmic nudges, sending you the appropriate message at the perfect time. Reading and chanting affirmations has been shown to have a favorable effect on the mind, allowing you to perform more effectively. Each of our 52 affirmations sends a message of self-love, confidence, and optimism to you, which is ideal for times you can't give it to yourself.
I recently resolved to return to my genealogical research and complete my family tree as far back as I could. Being Black, however, means that my search often leads to dead ends, which is more annoying than instructive. But I keep going because it forces me to think about two things: 1) the lives of those who came before me, and 2) how their decisions shaped where I am now. By elucidating your link with your ancestors, you'll be able to see your place in the larger scheme of things.
Walking a walk may not appear to be a spiritual exercise, yet it does help us to connect with the natural world. Seeing the leaves change, the wind blow, the rain fall…all of these things bring us closer to the soil and ground us in a sacred sense. Sitting on the veranda and meditating as it rains is one of my favorite spiritual practices.
Many of us make an effort not to cry. When we hold back our tears, though, we are physically hindering our bodies from functioning properly. Researchers researched different sorts of tears and determined that the chemical composition of tears differs depending on whether you're cutting onions or crying in despair. Within the sad, hurt, furious tears, the body generates stress hormones and its own kind of painkillers. It has the ability to heal you. I'm not sure what else to call that if that isn't a spiritual practice!
Connecting with like-minded people around a common topic or interest is the epitome of connection and sanctity. Find some virtual or socially distant (I'm serious – it's still a pandemic) ways to communicate with people. This could be something as simple as weekly check-in sessions, or it could be something more involved like Bible study.
What is toxic spirituality?
The solution is far more straightforward than you might think. You are practicing toxic spirituality if you believe that you must always be positive and that anything negative is wrong.
What makes this notion so dangerous is that it prevents us from learning and growing by suppressing positive emotions.
Each of our feelings has information. This information is neither good nor bad; it is simply that.
Emotions Inform Us
When you have anxiety, for example, you are not a bad person or doing something wrong. Anxiety is trying to tell you something.
It could be a sign that you need to leave the house a few minutes earlier than usual since you dislike traffic. You escape traffic and, as a result, are less likely to develop road rage if you leave the house a few minutes early.
And no amount of meditation or prayer will alleviate the stress. It will almost certainly stay until you have learned the lesson and have left a few minutes early.
When you ignore or fail to gain information from your emotions because you've suppressed them for the sake of being “positive,” you'll either be stuck in your current circumstance or, worse, start self-medicating.
This belief that you must be positive at all times is harmful to your spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical well-being.
How do you develop a fighting spirit?
Fighting spirit is a quality that encompasses more than just the desire to participate in fight. Bullying and belligerence are two words that come to mind when I hear something like that. It's more than just tenacity, because tenacity might entail simply enduring a setback without ever attempting to succeed or better.
Fighting spirit is an important quality to instill in our children, not just for their sporting careers, but for their entire lives. Here are five tools to help you create it.
How do you possess a fighting spirit?
A fighting spirit, in my opinion, is as important in management as it is in martial arts or combat sports. People who are so good-natured that they have never had a disagreement or confrontation with another person should hand over their presidency to someone with a greater fighting spirit.
In the economic world, severe competition is a given no matter how you excuse your humility. To defend their employees, even a small business owner with two or three employees must run the business with a determined battling attitude. I feel that until the president tackles business rivals with this level of tenacity, the company will be unable to compete effectively.
This “fighting spirit,” on the other hand, isn't based on physical force. It's more akin to the protective instincts that mothers feel for their children.
A mother bird, for example, can fearlessly stand up to a hawk swooping down to harm her nest of young in the animal world. Even a small animal will venture to leap head-on at a large, powerful opponent ready to attack her baby in this manner. Mothers display incredible bravery and tenacity to protect their children, even putting themselves in danger to deflect a predator's attention away from her children.
Such “fighting attitude” is vital, in my opinion, for managers to accomplish their responsibilities.
What is the warrior spirit?
“I discovered that the warrior path has little in common with the pictures of warriors I've seen in movies and books,” Vanas stated. “I learned from tradition that being a warrior is a vocation to serve others, not for selfish gain, glory, or ego.”
Warriors in Native civilizations developed talents that enabled them to contribute to their tribe. Today, the warrior spirit entails using our God-given abilities and talents to benefit the “tribe” we serve. This tribe could be made up of relatives, neighbors, coworkers, or pals.
What happens when you have a spiritual awakening?
As Kaiser argues, this is the start of your spiritual journey, as you begin to doubt everything you previously believed. You begin to purge certain aspects of your life (habits, relationships, and outdated belief systems) in order to make room for new, more meaningful experiences. You may sense that something is lacking, but you aren't sure what it is. It's common to feel disoriented, confused, and down during this time.
How do you pray against the enemy?
I command the storm of destruction to gather upon every satanic power that is against my health IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS! I decree and declare great casualty upon witches and wizards operating in my neighborhood, the judgment of God shall torment the powers of darkness working against me both at night and in the morning, the night shall carry terror and anger against all satanic powers that are standing against me, the night shall carry terror and anger against all satanic powers that
RIGHT NOW, IN THE NAME OF JESUS, my prayers have become earthquakes and storms in the devil's camp that is against my life; the Lord shall gather his armor against powers that are against my intellectual growth; all sickness in my life, known or unknown, receives heavenly storm; all conspiracy against any part of my body receives destruction now!
I order the deep wells inside me to be freed and broken forth in the name of JESUS!